Changing Cycles

An ongoing project exploring the use of the arts as a form of action to ensure the sustainability of the planet. and stuff.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

So Far So Good...

Gotta be quick as I'm about to be kicked out of Rotherham public library where I write this post...
Despite my increasing sense of foreboding in the run up to my departure, everything's going really well; my bike's still in one piece, my legs are doing me proud, my tent hasn't blown down yet and I've even managed to cook up a few culinary masterpieces on my camping stove. My first meeting went really well, I spoke to Gail at Hebden Bridge Alternative Technology Centre who was really keen to help with the project, even talking of possible future partnerships... From Hebden Bridge I cycled to Leeds where I visited Meanwood Valley Urban Farm. The guy I was meant to be meeting had inexplicably gone on holiday, but I got to speak to the manager who was very helpful and I had a nice time looking around the organic gardens, animal pens and sustainable 'EPICentre'. In the rain. After that I cycled to Selby, North Yorkshire, where I stayed the night (and made friends with an impetuous goat!) before heading to the borough of Rotherham, where I am camping at a beautiful site by a lake, getting a bit of r & r before my visit to Heeley City Farm in Sheffield on Monday. Let's hope no-one's decided to go on an impromptu holiday... Right, I really am being kicked off now... more soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home