Changing Cycles

An ongoing project exploring the use of the arts as a form of action to ensure the sustainability of the planet. and stuff.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's been a long, long time...

... Since I got you on my mind...

But now I'm back, and I've got some funding!
The good people at the Arts Council have granted me a bit of cash to research and develop the show from what it was at the summer into a full length, shiny, spangly production ready for touring in Autumn.
Sooo, I thought it was about time I caught up with the blog, as it's supposed to be a record of my creative process and general thoughts about stuff...
Since the summer I've been involved in a couple of other projects, so it was only around Autumn time that I started getting my head back into the show, and trying to access some money to develop it, which, as it was my first attempt at writing a funding bid took me almost until Christmas! In the mean time I've been going back to some of my original sources of inspiration for the main character, Tali, and making more notes to develop him, and figure out where his story is going to take him next.
I'm planning to have a second draft ready by April in time to work with an excellent movement director/performer called Leo Kay, who's going to help me develop the physicality of the work.
I'm doing a course down in London once a week now too called The Body Politic. It's all about art, activism and social and ecological justice, and so far it's excellent. It's run through Birkbeck College by a company called PLATFORM, who I found out about just over a year ago and have wanted to work with ever since. I'm hoping to use my second draft of the show as the assessment for the course, another way of testing it's strength and getting more valuable feedback... More about that, and about other general ecological matters to follow soon anyway...
I've made a new year's resolution to write this blog at least once a week so keep checking back, you'll not be disappointed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home